Thursday, August 4, 2011

Reac, Thoughts on Housing and a Petite Princess Bed Pattern

Well, the heat is getting me down today, but I wanted to do a fast update.

I realize I talk mostly about Maude or the Petite Princess stuff, but you talk about what you have. And I don't like adding more stuff to an already packed house. My one goal for the last 2 years and for the next 4 is to minimize.

This doesn't mean I don't see stuff that I want, I do. All the time. But the PP stuff currently lacks a house, it's currently housed mostly in the Ikea Fros until I find the PERFECT house for them. I think what that will be is a townhouse. I'm debating a house based on the actual Princess Patti house. Yes, I've seen the vinyl houses and etc, but I don't like them. They are hideous. I think though that the original townhouse is far too small. The height is decent, the design is nice, but 5 oddly proportioned rooms would never keep me happy. So, I've been working now and then on designs using Google Sketch Up.

Then we have my old dream house, the apartment building from Toadstool Studios. I have one of their other patterns, a very nice house, and interestingly, they use Chicago style balloon framing as the method for constructing the house. I'll be making it at some point just to test it out. I hate the porch on it and it could be slightly bigger. But if I'm reading the pattern right, both are easily fixed. But the house is not PP suitable. At all.


But the apartment on the other hand, I can indulge in my love of modern stuff. Like the Reac Chairs. Or this yummy couch that I'd love to have in full size. Reac furniture comes in "volumes" not sets. And you can buy them a piece at a time, or check eBay for entire volumes so you can have a complete set. Lucky for my fellow modernists, there are only a few volumes of Reac. The stuff is as addictive as Re-Ment though.






My last thing is PP related, of course. I'm in the process of redoing an extra PP bed I happen to have. I had 2 powder blue ones, I haven't begun on it yet beyond getting a pattern. But I figured I'd share it. I'm hardly the only one who updates PP's look, but hopefully this can simplify it for those who were unwilling to tackle it. Make sure to print the picture at 100% otherwise, you'll really have some serious scale issues. Hopefully in the next few weeks I can post a tutorial on what to do with the patterns. I also have a dressing table, not in the greatest shape that I'll be re-doing to match the bed. Broken pieces are great to experiment on. There are some pieces I won't touch, like the Patti television, but the rest is fair game. There's a lot out there. Anyone have any broken pieces they want to get rid of? I won't buy them, but I will at least pay for shipping.


No comments: