Saturday, August 6, 2011

Sticky Saturday and New Goodies

Another gross sticky Saturday. You'd think the winters around here would make heat a pleasure but it really isn't.

So today I received some goodies. Not only from http://www.miniatures.com/ but a couple of eBay purchases.



So this was one item, the room box. At $11.99 it is a deal. Yeah, I could make one cheaper but why. This one holds Housework's size windows and doors and I have plenty of those. But, this is just taped (or rather was) I need a roll of tape wire before I'm willing to put this together totally. I also need to get the wallpaper I want and some flooring. I'm thinking carpet.



Another angle. The mirror is real, it happens to belong to the PP dressing table. It's pretty battered. I only keep it for when I get some glass cut for the PP table. The little animals by the way, are TY Beanie Eraserz. I really need to put a cushion in the brocade chair too.





The books were an auction, the little ormolu clock is from http://www.miniatures.com/ very cute. The bong is from www.junesminiaturemart.com along with an issue of High Times, and a Vanity Fair with Justin Bieber on the cover. Never fear, things will happen to dear Justin's face. He's going to get a bong stain.




Inside the pink PP room box. My biggest issue with this room box vs the wooden one is that the PP one is cardboard (duh) and nothing sits evenly. While I love my room box from PP it's just not practical. The jukebox is a Christmas ornament and plays Elvis Christmas songs. Kinda stupid but it looks cute and lights up and plays music.




It comes down to, I really like the room box. I think it's very versatile. I may invest in a couple more to hold me over until that dream house is built.

No comments: