Friday, November 13, 2009

Miniature Gazette

I'm a firm believer in the idea that if you have a hobby, learning as much about it as possible is the way to go. When I have a hobby, I put my all into it. The least of which is the books or magazines I feel will help me best. So, I purchased from eBay (of course) 59 issues of Miniature Gazette. This means I need to fill in the gaps that I don't have thanks to this purchase. I now have issues from 1981-2003. I need 1972-1981 and 2003-2009. I haven't even had time to go through these (just got them today) and my plans, (which affect my readers of this blog) are as follows:

1. Fill out the gaps by any missing issues.

2. Create an index by decade of the general contents. Mini Palooza has an online index, but I feel that it is woefully incomplete and it appears that the owner of the site hasn't updated in some time. At the moment I won't be putting anything online other than possibly the basic list.

3. Scan all issues.

4. Share!! I can't let one out of my hands, but I'm hoping when I have the issues all sorted and put together, etc, that I can offer people articles they want. My plan is to eventually have a private "museum" of dollhouse items and houses and I'm determined to have a full library of material at the disposal of all. (in case you don't know of my other hobbies, I already do this to some extent with sewing patterns)

This brings up my next plan. I feel really there is only one other magazine of this genre I want, and that's Nutshell News. So, keep your eyes out for a huge set. Or donate me your old ones. Don't worry, my goals for those are the same.

No comments: