Wednesday, September 2, 2009

A paper covered house
















So, my plans for entering a dollhouse contest fell flat. I was in the hospital most of the summer and of course, everything sort of went to hell. Now school has started back up so I'll have even less time for the most part, although luckily no Monday Wednesday classes this semester.
But, meanwhile I worked on the contest house to finish it anyhow (and no its still not done) but I thought I'd share what I did do so far.
And for the curious, the bricks are set on top to tighten the seams and to make the gluing as tight as possible.
So, now for some important details. The house has a paper facade. The "bricks" are paper, printed from http://www.jennifersprintables.com/ I suggest using thicker than normal paper, slightly glossy if possible, and print using photo settings. I then trimmed and put the paper on before gluing together except for the one end when it turned out I hadn't printed enough. And its not easy to see, but the floors are also paper. Using the light oak I used the same method and all was glued down using spray glue. Which, by the time you are done sniffing said glue, you don't especially care if its crooked.
So, this one needs its roof finished, and I need to finish some of the papering and then furnish. I think this one may wind up a gift.

No comments: