Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I've been BASHING!!






I've never really "bashed" a kit before. Although, when I think about it, I probably have, although it wasn't called "bashing". It was simply taking needed parts, making things work and continuing on.

So a few months back, I bought Greenleaf's Storybook Cottage. I think it's cute, petite, and incredibly badly designed.

For a few extra cents, or a little bit more effort, a realistic height for the upstairs could have been made. For that matter, stairs included. But, I'm not complaining, just pointing out the obvious.

So, I put all sorts of work, first kit in years, did the "duh" slap to the head. WALLPAPER!! For the love of God! Put the wallpaper on BEFORE you begin putting the damn kit together!! Epic fail. I've got twice as much work to do now!!

Meanwhile, so as I've said, the thing is put together, very fast in fact. But I'm sitting gazing at it, and am unhappy. Enter, my MIND....

Pop the floor out (damn my supreme gluing skills! Damn YOU!!) sand like mad, and add left over scrap to old floor and make the new floor level with the line around the top that seems the more reasonable place for the floor.


Next up...new windows that have nothing to do with the ones in here now!!

No comments: